Just coming back from spending two weeks in your state, I just wanted to put a huge thanks to your state and everyone we met during our journey through it whilst on our honeymoon.
We had high hopes visiting Texas, and the United States from Australia as it has been my dream to visit for over 20 years, and not only did you meet my expectations, you exceeded them!
Every single person we met in Texas was helpful, friendly and nice, from Houston to Austin, y’all better believe we will spend plenty of time talking it up to everyone who will listen to us down under!
There were a few people in particular we love to thank, from the couple we met on our tour of Minute Maid who took us out to lunch for our anniversary, to the Uber driver who went above and beyond to get us to our hire car, to the hotel attendant who upgraded us to make sure we were comfortable, but in short every person we met was so friendly it may our trip a delight
Thanks for making our memorable trip so memorable, and thought we would share some of our passing thoughts on your state
- an 89 cents 44 ounce drink from Buc’ees is so unbelievably good in value that everyone should get it all the time, but no human should be able to drink it in one sitting.
- also a gas station probably shouldn’t be as big as Buc’ees but I am glad they are, particularly the restrooms!
- it was a nice thing to notice whilst driving the bigger the American flag, the bigger the car dealership is.
- also in driving, as an Australian I do not get your love of overpasses, and whilst driving through them the sheer amount of roads over each other is terrifying
- Austin: one thing that wasn’t huge on our list of things to do but we were so glad we did was the LBJ library and museum. You need to push that as a major attraction!
- Houston: same goes for your Texas momument, we hit that whilst getting to the space centre and that is an amazing sight
- Y’all have the biggest and best trucks around, and that’s coming from the land of utes and 4wds.
- Go ‘stros! (But our love for them was before Texas, just cemented us as lifelong fans!)
- Finally if you not from Texas and reading this, you need to visit this amazing state ASAP!
TLDR: Texas and Texans are awesome.
This letter is reposted from r/Texas.
*EDIT: Wow the response to this has been amazing, was a great feeling waking up to the genuine show of appreciation from you guys about my notices. And giving gold was proof how amazing Texans really are! As a result thought I would comment on the biggest question about the food.
In short the food was amazing, as stated below was blown away from the BBQ options, particularly enjoyed Cooper’s in Austin, but the Tex-Mex was so tasty it has ruined what we consider Mexican down here in Australia for life! Particular shout out to Chacho’s Tacos in Corpus, completely opened my world to breakfast tacos and how home-made tortillas really should taste like! Also Whataburger!